Monday, January 12, 2009

One in progress...

I am still working on this one but wanted to share. It started out as a puzzle piece picture but I started playing around with oil pastels and layering. I really like how this image makes me feel. Everyone has different aspects of themselves...different layers...the contrast of light and dark makes me think of the different moods that we all go through. The different etching shapes reminds me of calm and irritating feelings that I go through. I am happy how this one is turning out. This is one of the few times that I can actually see what I want to do on the page in my head and heart...and have it come out on the page in living color.

I just finished this one last night. It is a play on words and how they can get easily confused. Communication is a valuable tool and sometimes is very easily muddled with everyday happenings. We have to focus to be able to truly hear and understand one another and what we are feeling. We have to really want to get through all the static and noise to communicate honestly and openly. We really do have to use our words. :) It isn't just an elementary saying anymore.

No comments: